Newbie Buyer's Guide

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Misc Yoics Enabled Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blipton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Newbie Buyer's Guide Reply with quote

From what I've read*, the firmware in the 9100 IP Video Server can be upgraded to support non-IE remote viewing (pretty good since not many androids/iphones support active-x!).

But I'm wondering is there any particular model or flavor of the 9100 that is better suited for this 2.47 upgrade? For example, I see some sell a 9100B which I assume has different firmware.. will these equally work? Or is it best to stick with IP Video 9100A Plus (ebay/geeks), BLK-9100A-PLUS-N, with a known version of stock starting image (yoics9100a_2_41_d?)?

Finally, is the YOICS.net site simply for those with either dynamic-IP or port-forwarding issues? Or is it a portal actually required for camera access from non-IE?

Thanks!

p.s. Just in case things don't go right the first time, anywhere I can get more info on the 9100 serial port (baud rate, how to enter bootloader and upload, etc)?

http://www.solivant.com/9100aplus/
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/9100/
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not required to use Yoics with the Yoics firmware.

But you can if you want secure remote access.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Misc Yoics Enabled Devices All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: