setting up wifi for second Mole camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Astak Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: setting up wifi for second Mole camera Reply with quote

I am having a problem setting up my second Mole camera with the wifi. I got through the initial part, and wired up, it works through my browser fine however I cannot get it to hook up to the wifi. I set everything up so that ASTAK could help me - its a Saturday and after 12 noon here on the east coast. Even tried the online chat which is suppose to be 24/7 but no one is there. Very disappointing.
From my first camera, which is still working fine wirelessly, I copied all of the data and input into the advanced tab of the second camera. I suspect however that one of these needs to be reassigned because the modem probably won't let two devices on the same DNS address? This is where I show myself to be a novice here. Don't know where to go from here. I had so many problems with the first camera (which has been up for about a year, with on and off problems) that the last time, the tech set up that camera remotely. That doesn't help me now!
Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to get this set up this weekend so I don't have to wait until Monday night when I get home from work.
Thanks.
mycal

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Astak Support and make sure you have the latest firmware.
JEM2114

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have probably already solved your problem, but in the event you haven't here is a solution.

Use different ports for the same ip addr. A residence typically does not have a need to use the myriad of ports available other than the basics, i.e. port 80.

Example - assign port 1024 to the 1st camera and port 1025 to the second, and so on. Example of access: my.url.net:1024 for camera 1; my.url.net:1025 for camera 2, and so forth.

Good luck!
Igotlostagain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both of the cameras are on the same network, they should not have the same ip locally. Every device on your network has a specific IP address tied to a MAC address.

1st cam 10.0.0.10:80
2nd cam 10.0.0.11:80

Everything else should be the same: DNS, SUB net, Port
DNS, SUB net is the underlying connections your networks uses to connect.
JEM2114

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: One IP address - multiple references in a home setting Reply with quote

Igotlostagain wrote:
If both of the cameras are on the same network, they should not have the same ip locally. Every device on your network has a specific IP address tied to a MAC address.

1st cam 10.0.0.10:80
2nd cam 10.0.0.11:80

Everything else should be the same: DNS, SUB net, Port
DNS, SUB net is the underlying connections your networks uses to connect.

I haven't confused local addressing (public) with external (private).
Each local device has its own public address (192.168.xxx.xxx); external addressing is with one private address through cable provider. Each camera has a unique port assignment, i.e. 1024, 1025.

Referencing multiple internal devices with one private address requires a method for differentiating the devices, and port assignment is a reliable method. In fact, Astek with its Mole camera has provided the port facility.

There is nothing wrong with this arrangement and it works flawlessly.

What is your issue?
Igotlostagain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still learning, apologies if offended. Nice information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Astak Products All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: