Cisco ip cam setup

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delmar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Cisco ip cam setup Reply with quote

Why when I click the setup wizard to set ip a new web camera nothing happens? And how do I make my Linksys wvc80n work with the iPhone app?
mycal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off the wizard on the desktop might not work well for IP cameras just USB web-cameras. So to set it up you need to do something different after the other information I'm about to give you.

The iphone app only works with the Astak Mole and the Lorex LNE cameras nativity (IE without running the Yoics desktop on your computer)

If you are running the Yoics desktop on your PC it is possible to share other cameras and have it work with the iPhone App.

What you need is the single image URL of your camera doing a quick search on google says (not sure if it is right)

/img/snapshot.cgi?size=2&quality=1

So you need the local IP address of your camera and this url to set it up with the desktop.

Now with that information on the Yoics desktop do this:

select services->web/ip camera

I will say something cannot find USB camera would you like to setup an IP camera, say yes.

click change on the unknown source box, enter in the IP address and the URL.

Then you can set the rest of the cameras settings.

There are other advanced ways you can setup that camera, IE via the now proxy and get the native camera interface, but you will not be able to stream RTSP or use the iPhone app.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: