Panasonic IP CAM model # bl-c210a

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Misc Yoics Enabled Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Panasonic IP CAM model # bl-c210a Reply with quote

I have 4 ASTAK Moles that I am very happy with. I also have a Panasonic IP CAM model # bl-c210a hooked up to the network via hardwire ethernet cable.

Can I use the Panasonic IP Cam with yoics? I have the local IP address, mac address, the local udn, the URL, and the device type for the Panasonic IP Cam. I am currently using that camera via VERA / micasaverde but their system is hassle to use, is no where near as good as yours, and I would like to be able to run and see all of my cameras via yoics on our Mac computers as well as from our iPhones.

When I first went to yoics website, before I logged in, I saw on the main page the option to list all of the IP cameras connected to my network. So I clicked the button to show me all my connected camera and I believe that the Panasonic camera was listed, although when I clicked on "show me" it did not show my Panasonic IP camera output.

After I logged in I did not see the Panasonic camera listed and I could not figure out how to add it manually. Please tell me how to manually add the Panasonic IP Camera and what I have to do to set it up.

I have desktop png pictures of my setup in VERA if that will help.

Adding the Panasonic IP Cam will mean I have 5 IP cameras. Is there a 4 camera limit, or will the 5th and possibly other future IP cameras just show up on a second "4 up" page in the yoics iPhone app?

Please let me know. Thanks!
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible if you run the Yoics desktop and create an IP camera share that you can share the Panasonic camera if it has an image URL.

You could also possibly share it with a NOW proxy.

You could also possibly share Vera with a NOW proxy.

But in all these cases since Yoics is not built in you would have to leave a computer running.

The Camera finder tool only finds your local IP cameras, it is for diagnostics but doesn't
Tone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Panasonic IP CAM model # bl-c210a & NOW proxy Reply with quote

Thanks, mycal. I usually leave my Mac on all the time. But I find when I reboot it every day it runs better / smoother / faster / more reliably.

I guess there's probably no way to "teach" my eq how to be "yoics compatible"?

When I reboot will I have to renew the NOW proxy after each reboot?

Is there documentation or directions around somewhere on how to create a NOW proxy?

Appreciate your help. Thanks again!
mycal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now proxy documentation is here:
http://www.yoics.com/2009/01/yoics-now-overview/

But be warned the MAC version is not as advanced, and I believe doesn't autorun when rebooted.
meagain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know if this ever worked for you.
Tone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it never worked for me. I tried and tried but eventually gave up and just bought another ASTAK Mole camera from Costco for $179. The Mole just works perfectly without any problems. We've got 5 of them and we're really happy with them.

Same for Vera and SquareConnect. I no longer try to get everything to work from one program alone because I find that most programs do what they were designed to do best but don't do as well controlling other tasks or programs they were not optimally designed to handle. Trying to get everything to be controlled from just one interface is never going to be as good as simply using the best hardware/software combination for a given need.

And since the iPhone and iPad 2 multitask it's no harder to double-press the home button and select the other app you need than it is to change from one page to another within the same app - especially since iOS 5 lists the apps in the most recent order used. So the apps you use the most are always right next to each other in the multitasking-open apps list.

So I now recommend selecting the best hardware/software combination for the given job and use the iPhone or iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1.

For me that's YOICS for IP cams, Vera to control all Leviton Z-Wave lights and ceiling fans, SquareConnect to control Vera and all of the IR home theater equipment (SquareConnect controls Vera better than Vera software controls Vera, and allows you to setup and control lighting scenes with your home theater control with the touch of a single button), and ecobee to control the Heater/AC thermostat.

We've just begun building a website that will discuss these things in greater detail. There's not much there yet but keep checking back as we will be adding more information and eventually services related to home control for those who have the need but not the time or skills to set this level of home control up themselves:

www.homecontrolfrommywheelchair.org

Hope this helps.
meagain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tone - your post was very helpful to me and will be in the future. I'll check out your website and save that as well.

How I wish Costco still had those Moles. IDK why I only bought one.

What do you do about outdoor cameras? Problem with the Mole and others inside shooting out a window is the IR lights bounce off the glass rendering night vision useless.
I've looked a bit at external stand alone IR lights but they aren't cheap either and well, I'm just sick of research and would rather have a more elegant solution.

I'm at a loss as to what to buy that will provide me a smooth EASY integration with Apple stuff and fear getting a mishmash of cameras dealing with different systems. Maybe I need to just start from scratch.

But wondering if you have anything for outside. I fear the Mole outside in Chicago cold wouldn't be a good idea.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mole should be back on coupon at Christmas at Costco, or so I've heard.

Astak keeps saying they will have an outdoor camera, but I haven't seen it.

1st quarter next year there should be plenty of more Yoics enabled cameras. for sale.

Yoics just release 2 free iPhone Apps, Launch and View in the apple store both can be used to view the Mole.

If you only need viewing the Aviosys 9100 can hook 4 cctv camras up to it and has Yoics Firmware (IE run standalone) you can load on it to use with the Launch program.
brown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I had installed Yoics on a 9100A some time ago. The 9100A has gone wrong now on the video side and I wish to return it to the vendor. The Yoics software is working fine, the video input side has failed and the Yoics software has not caused my hardware related failure. I'd like to put 2.39(A) back on the device before I return it. The Aviosys website doesn't have the firmware on it anymore, can someone suggest an alternative site where I can download the Aviosys only firmware?

Thanks
tmacdon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: 2.39A Firmware Reply with quote

You actually can request the firmware at:

http://www.aviosys.com/updates.html

When you select download, it will take you to a page telling you that you have to request it email...

You will receive it attached to an email from them either the same day of the request or the next day...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Misc Yoics Enabled Devices All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: