Cannot activate my camera from desktop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valleypod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Cannot activate my camera from desktop Reply with quote

I can see the cameras using the YOICS website viewer.

However I have now installed the desktop app - my service is listed, but will not connect.

I Right-Click and select "Open With Viewer", or I double click the blue face icon, the progress bar starts moving...the smiley face turns orange, then when the progress bar gets to 60%,...... it just stops & resets to zero, and the smiley orange face goes blue again - as if nothing had happened.

No error message, no warning. I've tried many times, and in between I've tried with the web viewer and it works fine. It works fine at my home with my laptop and desktop both runnin Win Vista.

Here I am running Windows XP at my office.
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send an email to support-at-yoics-dot-com as this is likely some sort of router incompatibility on the endpoints and support will need things like what kind of camera and your YoicsID.
dogWatcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same for me - was working all last week, today same problem.
Tried 2 different methods of connecting to the internet, one through router, and other through t-mobile rocket stick connect.
Does not even bring up web browser...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogwatcher,

Your problem is completely different.

your problem is that your logged in from multiple places or from your rocketstick, then you switched connections back to router without logging out of yoics.

Logout and log back in on the web and you will be fine.

If you switch connections IE Wifi to 3G you have to logout and log back in to authenticate that connection or it will block you.
dogWatcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
dogwatcher,

Your problem is completely different.

your problem is that your logged in from multiple places or from your rocketstick, then you switched connections back to router without logging out of yoics.

Logout and log back in on the web and you will be fine.
If you switch connections IE Wifi to 3G you have to logout and log back in to authenticate that connection or it will block you.

Not so sure about that - it failed from the FIRST time using the pc program.
I logged into the web, logged out, logged out of the PC program, waited
a bit, got back on, still no dice... Logged in with iPhone app, worked just fine, logged out of iphone, tried PC again, still no dice. Exact same symptoms as OP...

Went back to web app, logged in, worked, logged out.
Went to PC program, nothing...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: