yoics-capture.exe runtime error, Image frozen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NginUS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: yoics-capture.exe runtime error, Image frozen Reply with quote

I keep getting an error window when the computer starts, or when I'm adding a camera, and randomly as well.

The image in the preview window at localhost:port shows a frame rate changing, but the timestamp does not.
If I change the camera's settings, and it has to stop & restart, then it comes back to life.
Until a few minutes later when the error occurs again and the image freezes until I restart again.

The window title is:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

The text in the window is:
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Yoics\yoics-capture.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to teminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

There's a sinlge button called:
OK

The OS is XP Home 32-bit.
Happens with both the beta & the current stable versions
NginUS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official response from Yoics support is as follows:

That error typically means that the web-camera driver has an issue. Typically if you reinstall the driver (or install an updated one if it's available) will resolve the issue.

However a driver update is not possible as it already is the latest version.

Also upgrading from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2005 to 2010 has no effect and the problem remains.
NginUS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now spent 7 hours and close to $250 (and that's just today) troubleshooting this and I believe this is not a driver issue, but a problem with how the Yoics application tries to interact with cameras in general.

I tried 4 different cameras, and the error occurs with 2 of them, one a Logitech C905 and the other a Microsoft LifeCam Show.

The 2 cameras that didn't summon the error immediately were the built-in HP Webcam 50 and a Gigaware HP-75AR, both of which are useless to me.

This due to the fact that the HP is in the lid and cannot be aimed, and the Gigaware's automatic exposure detection wasn't functional.

EDIT:
Today's testing was on version 2.6.80 build 26.802.
NginUS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is totally not the camera's issue.
Now the error occurs with the built-in HP camera that it used to not happen with.

Also occurs with a Microsoft Lifecam VX2000, and a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000.
I have another Logitech Webcam C600, but am not going to even try since the drivers appear to be the same between their models anyway- the Pro 9000 didn't bother installing it's software because it said there was already a newer version installed, left over from the C905 camera.

I don't know what else to do with this, the Yoics support wrote back asking about what the intended content is, as if that would make the app listen to the signal- not sure about that.

I do have to hand it to them on at least one aspect- they've been more than decent about my subscription's curently being unusable.

I do need to make this work somehow.
Too bad these forums are so dead.
mycal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would completely uninstall the desktop and re-install it.

I'm not a windows guy, but I've seen problems if the destkop doesn't get installed correctly or there is some corruption where it mostly works, but the webcam stuff doesn't. Re installing it for a new download from the web may help.

-M
NginUS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already been through more than 6 installation attempts, trying with the 2 packages that are available on the download page. They were only being installed to Windows XP however, so now I'm working on forwarding the USB via TCP/IP to a Yoics running in a virtualized Vista environment, in hopes that it's just something to do with how the app interacts with XP installations of the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime.

EDIT:
Yoics works like a charm in Windows 7 x86_64.
AliRaza94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to connect through the desktop? I still get the message - the selected device is unable to start. Are there any other messages. I get connection details - Device Address Session ID and IP address Port 3072 but no connection. What else should I check
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: