Camera Service shows InActive, how to activate?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buster925

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Camera Service shows InActive, how to activate? Reply with quote

I'm logging on like I always do, but the camera service shows 'Inactive'. How to I activate. What does Inactive mean? Has the camera been disconnected or is the Internet service at the remoate location failed? My history shows I connected last night.
netdude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Service shows InActive, how to activate? Reply with quote

buster925 wrote:
I'm logging on like I always do, but the camera service shows 'Inactive'. How to I activate. What does Inactive mean? Has the camera been disconnected or is the Internet service at the remoate location failed? My history shows I connected last night.

I've been having the same problem. I've tried resetting my router, resetting the camera using the reset button, to no avail. This has happened to me about 3 times now, but this time nothing I do can rectify the problem. Astak/Yoics should update their firmware so this doesn't happen. It's very annoying and I paid a lot of money for this Mole Cam!!
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post the logs or the status page on the remote access page on the mole?

It should tell you want is wrong.

you can always use the camera finder if your on the same network

https://www.yoics.net/web/FindDevice.aspx
netdude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mycal wrote:
can you post the logs or the status page on the remote access page on the mole?

It should tell you want is wrong.

you can always use the camera finder if your on the same network

https://www.yoics.net/web/FindDevice.aspx

I just got it to work. So, please disregard. The problem was that a router on my network (that is only in access point mode and is not supposed to serve IP's) conflicts with my router and serves an IP in the range 192.168.100.x instead of allowing my DHCP router to serve something in the range 192.168.0.x. Consequently, the camera was inaccessible via my network. After unplugging the problematic router and running the application (CamSearch), I was able to see my IP address change from bad to good. I am now able to connect to my camera remotely. The problem was with my own network equipment all along.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: