Problems connecting to my webcam remotely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nannycam1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Problems connecting to my webcam remotely Reply with quote

We are having problems accesing our webcam remotely. When I try to log onto the yoics desktop from a location other than my home, it disconnects and says login and password fail. The camera is connected to a computer using the Vista operating system.

We are using the same username and password we use when we login to the yoics desktop from home.

Am I missing something? It is so frustrating! I hve been trying to get it to work for over a week now reading your forum.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems connecting to my webcam remotely Reply with quote

Can you login at www.yoics.net and connect?

The only time the desktop will not log in is if the remote location you are at has something like a corporate firewall.

9 times out of 10 when a person has trouble logging in is because they are using the wrong username or password. So if you can login at www.yoics.net then you are using the correct password.

Sometimes users have the correct "password" remembered in their desktop software, and are trying to use different passwords elsewhere because they "forgot" what they set it to.

nannycam1 wrote:
We are having problems accesing our webcam remotely. When I try to log onto the yoics desktop from a location other than my home, it disconnects and says login and password fail. The camera is connected to a computer using the Vista operating system.

We are using the same username and password we use when we login to the yoics desktop from home.

Am I missing something? It is so frustrating! I hve been trying to get it to work for over a week now reading your forum.
nannycam1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I am at work, I can not log into www.yoics.net, and I am using the same username and password that works at home. My work does have a corporate firewall; but I thought I read somewhere on your forum that you use ssl so we can still connect even if we are at work with a firewall.

Here is an excerpt from a response to another question on the forums:

"In this case the data is SSL encrypted and relayed through our servers. We offer this because it always works even behind high security corporate firewalls; and it works with no software installed on the host computer. So if your at a friend house you don't have to install Yoics on his computer to access your stuff, you can just go to yoics.net and access it. "
mycal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some cases yes we can work through corporate firewalls, but this requires that we are not specifically blocked by the particular firewall, and it also depends on which product is connected to the Yoics service because they all have different requirements. This only pertains to the www.yoics.net login not the yoics desktop.

So, are you trying to log into the Yoics desktop or www.yoics.net from your work? Which product are you trying to access? Where do you get the login error at what point?

You can also look at the "view->connection details" on the Yoics desktop it will run a diagnostic on the internet connection.

Another tool is https://www.yoics.net/web/Diagnostic.aspx which checks to see if your firewall is blocking yoics.

-M
nannycam1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to login both ways. Through www.yoics.net and yoics desktop.

When I try to login through www.yoics.net it just has connection problems. An error message says it can not view that webpage.

When I login throught the desktop, it say login and password fail.

The product I am using that is connected to the yoics service is the MOLE Wireless IP camera from Astak.

Any advice would be great!
nannycam1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran the Diagnostics tool https://www.yoics.net/web/Diagnostic.aspx and

it said:

Success!! Your network will support Yoics enabled services
Your network is preserving public ports only
nannycam1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After running the Diagnostics test and it said I had success connecting to yoics enabled products, I tried connecting using Firefox and Internet Explorer.

In Firefox:
when I click on my camera name it gives me the following error:

failed to connect, can't establish a connection to the server @ proxy2.yoics.net: 33590

In Internet Explorer:
when I click on my camera name it gives me the following error:

this link appears to be broken page not found connection failure

Please help!! Although I appreciate the help, I am about to just give up and return the product. :( I would really LOVE to have this work.

Thanks
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to access behind a corporate firewall?

This should be the only time you get this type of error if the corporate firewall is blocking programs like Yoics. If not you may be running a local software firwall that is very restrictive.

Please followup here, but also at supp0rt-at-yoics.com for faster response.

-M
nannycam1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work does have a corporate firewall.

I ran the Diagnostics tool https://www.yoics.net/web/Diagnostic.aspx and

it said:

Success!! Your network will support Yoics enabled services Your network is preserving public ports only

Would I still get the above message if my corporate firewall was blocking the Yoics software?
mycal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you wouldn't get success on a corporate firewall.

But it is possible with a software firewall, some key piece of info is missing.

You need to contact supp0rt-at-yoics.com with yoics id so it can be looked at for your particular device.

-M
uttech

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm a network engineer at UT southwestern medical center and have a few users using your product as nanny cams. They log into http://proxy2.yoics.net:30859/web/admin.html and seem to make connection but just get a blank black box instead of a video feed. When I user your diagnostic it states I am not allowing UDP connections to your servers. Where do I get a list of your servers and required ports?
mycal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For viewing only via www.yoics.net, it should use TCP only.

Only on the device sharing location needs UDP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: