cant install driver setup
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: cant install driver setup Reply with quote

I have purchased Wireless surveillance system. Installed unit and base station. I have followed the instructions to a tee for Vista and I get stuck on USB driver installation. step 1 of driver installation says use CD provided, open software folder and install USB Driver. I do this, follow the steps and it says installing then does nothing for an hour. The taskbar says its still installing but its not. Then I try and check to see if its visible by AMCAP W and its not there.

There is no troubleshooting docs on this and doesnt appear to have affected anyone else.

HELP!
raz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried uninstalling this software to try again and I get this uninformative error:
>setupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (442) pAPP:Usbvm326 wireless camera.....

is something wrong with this software?

Now I am stuck because I cant uninstall or install without reformatting windows
ryo_koyama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raz

for support of the driver, please contact the manufacturer of the camera directly: http://lorexstore.lorextechnology.com/product_category.aspx?cat_id=83

if we uncover anything we'll post as well.

best

Ryo
raz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorex tech support were unhelpful as well. The bottom line is they went through my complete system and told me its either microsoft or video card issue which translated means they have no idea. To be more specific, they said go and buy an expensive video card that can deal with the set up. I already have a video card that works fine with all other webcams. My translation is that this setup and software is not ready for commercial use.

I have uninstalled all other cams, removed my video card and used the standard one, reinstalled windows, I've wasted 24 of my hours of troubleshooting your products.

Recommend no-one buys this product unless someone from Yoics and Lorex puts their heads together to come up with a solution that works on Vista Home premium.

In summary, you now have my $150 and I have a piece of plastic rubbish.
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if your vista is 64 bit? I don't think the lorex camera supports 64 bit if that is the case.

-M
raz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 32 bit.

If this can't be fixed because of compatibility issues, then I would appreciate a techy explanation of why Yoics and Lorex will not fix it. At least I will know what action to take other than to scrap this product and go with another provider that has tested compatibility.
mycal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunately Yoics cannot do anything for USB driver issues, as we have absolutely no control over that software. Yoics only provides the Remote Connectivity and Surveillance application that is contained in the Yoics Desktop.

If we knew why your USB devices was not being detected and we knew the answer, we would gladly help you.

But I'd start there control panel->system->hardware->device manager and make sure the hardware is being detected, and if it is and your still having problems, remove it in this panel.

I've seen many cases that USB drivers from one manufacture cause others to not work because they include a shared DLL that is buggy.

-M
raz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is being detected but is not able to install the latest driver. what does 'remove it in this panel' mean?

is the shared .dll buggy your end or on another provider? Who do I contact to sort it out?

Will I be able to get a refund or is this classed as a software non liability trap?
ryo_koyama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raz

sorry to hear you issues continue. please private message me your contact information and we'll see if we can have someone from Lorex connect to you directly regarding your driver issue.

best

Ryo
raz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd. thx for your offer to help further. The last techy couldn't fix it so I hope a different person can try a new approach and fix it so I can post the solution.
raz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that I was contacted by phone today and arranged to have a support call at 7pm when I could be in front of my computer. They said that driver conflict issues would be relatively easy to fix with the right technical person to help.

The bad news is I made sure I was home in time, its now 8:20pm, and still no call....
raz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Lorex's credit again, they contacted me today at 11am and apologized for missing last nights appointment. Unfortunately, I was on the other phone line and asked if they could call me back in 15minutes to which they replied, 'no problem'.

The bad news again is that it's 3pm and there's still no call back...
...I wish I was making this thread up.

I bought this webcam to show my overseas family my newborn child, who is now 2 weeks old. I guess my sons age is now a good gauge on the support time it takes Lorex and Yoics to sort a pretty standard issue out. As soon as I get some good news, I'll be sure to post it here the same day.
raz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no sign of support...

here is the error I get when I try to uninstall Usbvm326 wireless camera:

> setupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (422)
pAPP:Usbvm326 Wireless Camera
PVENDOR:VIMICRO Corporation
PGUID:2514B3FC-FD37-455-9CB5-C450F5EB74AB
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 30784.49

So I am screwed, can't install, can't uninstall and try again.
raz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no call back.... can you guys call your partners lorex again and remind them that were meant to fix this problem?
raz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my call back, on sat 25th. The new techy was more helpful than the first and tried a number of new things but to no avail. His trial and error made him think that it was my video card as well... i.e. not enough memory. He said that another techy with more experience would ring back by Monday... and never did.

So here I am left alone to sort it out again, so I upgraded my video card to the best on the market tonight and guess what... that's not the problem! $250 bucks later... the lorex software looks like the only weak link!

can I have another techy call me please??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: