Joined: 19 Dec 2006
|Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 am Post subject: Desktop login fails with correct credentials
|There have been reported cases of the Windows Desktop failing to login properly when the credentials are known to be correct. This has been occurring on systems where Yoics has previously been working properly. This appears to be a Windows update issue that forces the Microsoft framework to be partially working.
Note: Yoics desktops and devices will not work on networks that disallow streaming protocols. This usually applies to corporate networks where IM, VoIP and video streaming are not allowed. However, virtually all home and small business networks allow these protocols.
Use these steps to detect and correct this problem.
- Verify your credentials at yoics dot com by logging in there.
- Use the Forgot Password feature to get a new password (if necessary)
- Try logging in with the Windows Desktop
- Check Add/remove Programs for .NET 2.0 framework (SP1 is the latest)
- If not listed, you are seeing this reported problem. Install again from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
- If listed, you can try uninstalling it and installing the version listed above. This may take 20-30 minutes to download from Microsoft.
If you continue to have login issues, please send us mail to support at yoics dot com. Please let us know your network (DLS, Cable, etc), locations (home, school, business, etc) and operating system (XP, Vista, SP, etc) and your Yoics account information.