deleting services

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewme5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: deleting services Reply with quote

I've installed 2.6.086 on two different computers. When I first choose to share a folder, I can access it. If I reboot, or restart Yoics, the folder comes up grayed out in the Yoics window. Which means I can't access it from anywhere.

For some reason, the ability to start, stop or delete is grayed out as well. I can however, choose to share with a friend. (I'm using 2 accounts, one for each computer, as a way to transfer between work and home). When I choose to share, it appears almost instantly on the other computer, but is still grayed out, on both computers.

xp sp3 on the work computer, and xp sp2 on the laptop. Problems seem identical, however the are very different on other installed software.
dewme5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, while trying a reinstall, I'm presented with an error window.
"cleanup errorAccess to the path "YOICS_Communications.dll" is denied.
doug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use one account for all your Yoics services. It's actually designed to allow a single account to manage everything you want to access and share across multiple computers.

Also, we currently do not support multiple users sharing from the same computer. Is it possible that is occurring in your case?

You must Start/Stop/Delete services from the machine they were created and only from the same Yoics account that created them originally. On other machines or other users, these options will be disabled (grayed out).

Yoics will auto start your services after a reboot, if you have the "Leave Yoics services running ..." and "Remember me" options checked. Your current issue probably relate to another problem and once solved, they will work ok after a reboot.

If you want further assistance, please send us all the information in the View -> Connection Details screen from both machines. That will help us troubleshoot your situation. Send it to support at yoics dot com, referencing this support forum URL.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: