Email/Twitter notifications for webcam does not work

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicdev007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Email/Twitter notifications for webcam does not work Reply with quote

Hi,

Great software btw Wink

I am going to go Pro as soon as i can complete the registrations page Mad (I am in France and the page only allows US and Canadian states ??

So back to the point:

I have set up the webcam (for security) with motion detection, and it works great but with the notifications enabled, and email set to 'immediately" and twitter selected with my details verified, I do not get any notifications .. nothing .. i have checked the threshold down to 5 seconds to make sure it fires but nothing .. any help is greatly appreciated.

Just FYI i have version 2.6.8 beta.

thanks
nicdev007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Problem solved!! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just in case anyone had the same issues, i have solved the problem.

In the 2 weeks i was away i did not receive any notifications, even though the events were recorded (cat moving .. neighbor feeding the cat etc..) and this morning i decided to remove ALL the services and then to re-create them again. I created the Webcam service first and then suddenly it worked.

Immediately i started getting emails and twitter posts. So for anyone with this problem it seems that when the webcam service is created when installing yoics, there is a problem.

Hope it can help someone.

Cheers
mycal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update

-M
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: