Yoics / Mole Camera works thru web, but not in desktop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valleypod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Yoics / Mole Camera works thru web, but not in desktop Reply with quote

I have installed the Yoics Desktop on my Windows XP computer. It says installed correctly. However when I try to acsess my camera on the desktop window, it begins to activate then.....just stops, it never connects. I have no problem connecting via the web but the desktop runs the camera much faster. I have it sucessfully installed on my laptop and desktop running Vista and no problem. Any suggestions?
cpmodem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Buggy Yoics Desktop Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Except mine is intermittant. The cameras (4) access fine from the website but not always from the desktop program. The spinning curser will appear and the green bar will advance at the bottom of the screen and the orange smilie facde appears. Also the text at the bottom will say online, Then sometimes the orange smilie tuns back into a blue Yoics face and sometimes it stays orange, but an IE tab won't open with the camera login or image. It seems to be random as to which camera has this problem. The website always seems to open the cameras. Its just the desktop program that is buggy.

IE 9.0
Win 7 Home Premium (64bit)
Yoics Desktop v 2.7.1.0 Build 27.107

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-John
mycal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this connecting to remote devices?

It is possible that a P2P connection cannot be negotiated between the 2 endpoints. This depends on the routers on the 2 ends. The desktop at this time cannot use the relay servers, only the web.

For most people this is not a problem but the 5% that have restrictive routers it may present an issue.

The connection details on the desktop that tests the routers, post that here and we can take a look.

IE:

Running Yoics Network Diagnostics
---------------------------------
Checking if DNS works ... .[OK]
Checking TCP connectivity to yoics.net...<oip=192.168.2.13> [OK]
Checking UDP connectivity to yoics.net...
[mip=209.204.xxx.28] [oport=59623 mport=41805]
[mip=209.204.xxx.28] [oport=59623 mport=41805] [no remap] [OK]
cpmodem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on the diagnostics run. Very useful info there. Nothing in this current diag. as all cameras were accessed ok this time. My issue is that Yoics is intermittant. Sometimes it connects fine like this AM. Other times it won't connect to several or all of my cameras. I suspect that it may be a problem with high traffic at the Yoics proxy. I have no problems connecting directly with the WAP address or even with dyndns. I did have some problems installing the desktop software and suspect that may be a compatability problem with my 64 bit system. Don't see as how that is the cause of issues I am having since it works fine some of the time. When it exhibits its problems again, I'll run the diagnostic and post the results to this thread. Thanks for all your help. This forum is a great resource.
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the Yoics desktop you are not using the Yoics proxies, FYI
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: