DSL and wireless router.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Misc Yoics Enabled Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
network

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: DSL and wireless router. Reply with quote

Hi, I am new here. I just cracked my IP9100A+ open after 2 years of it sitting on the shelf.
I decided to give this IP thing a try.

I am able to see my camera in browser on local network, but I can't seem to set it up to watch it via the internet.

I have a Verizon DSL modem, and an ENCORE wireless router.

I don't want to expose my network to the WWW, so if I can set it up without compromising my internet security, it would be great.

I am able to log into my DSL box on a public ip from the internet but I am unable to "punch through" to the IP9100A+ via the I-net.

So, if anyone here can clue me in as to what I need to do in my DSL or ny wireless router to make it work, I would appreciate it.

No need to spoonfeed me (unless you want to). Just point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

network.
mycal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Yoics? Thats what Yoics does.

Create a Yoics account, login register your 9100 and view from anywhere
network

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Tried it. Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply mycal.

I tried it. But after closing the app, I still had VNC running, and the camera looked active.
That made me nervous, as I run around the house naked, and the camera was active while VNC was active. I had to stop the service manually. Maybe because I had it running on the local machine rather than remotely.

I appreciate the great suggestion. I will still use YOICS, as it is a powerful tool. However, I was looking for a simpler solution, w/o involving an app.
I even tried dyndns. I still lack knowledge with setting up ports an configuring routers.
Like I said, I am able to hit my modem via the internet bot I don't know how to use addressing (http://pubaddressofthedslmodem.192.168.02.myipcam:port80)
So, it's a matter of punching through to the local network past the dsl and into the wireless router.
I'll play with it some more. When I get frustrated and give up, I'll resort to YOICS app.

Thank you.

Chris.
mycal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need the app, just the website.

the Yoics version of the 9100 supports Yoics native. even on the iphone and android.
network

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: @mycal Reply with quote

Hi, mycal,

I figured it out.

I put my DSL modem/router into bridge mode. I cloned the MAC address of the DSL modem. Then I set port forwarding on my wireless router.
BINGO! Works like a champ.
This is the solution I was looking for.
I don't even have to worry about IP forwarding as my ISP provider doesn't seem to change the IP address too often. I have been running on the same IP address for a little over two weeks now.
When I get a chance, I'd like to play around with the FTP upload, so I can do time lapse.
I find the IP9100A + to be a cool gizmo.
One peeve I have about it, is that when you close the browser it does not log you out. Unless I missed that mundane detail, so you may correct me on this.

Thanks again for replying to my thread, and your feedback.

network.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Misc Yoics Enabled Devices All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: