Guests

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hey_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Guests Reply with quote

My mole + yoics are working fine. I am trying to add a guest to my yoics account. After I type in all the information and click share nothing happens. The only thing listed in the "friends contact" is my own email address (is that supposed to be there?). The guest does not get an email.

Also we are an alarm company and would like to provide our clients with the ability of monitoring their own homes either on the home computer or on a remote computer. Is there anyway to do this without and reference to Mole, Yoics or Astak.
mycal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of account pro/standard do you have?

Please double check the sharing settings, make sure you are not setting it to guest pass if you really want sharing.

also does your guest have a Yoics account?
hey_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Guest Access Reply with quote

The customer does not have an account. I currently have a temporary "pro" account for the next 28 days which will become permanent after I get things working correctly.

In the "sharing with Friends" section, I check "to view content", pick 7 day expiration, and a pass code of 1234. I then click on the share button. At that point the email that I entered under the "Sharing with Friends" is supposed to appear down below under the "Friends contact" and the friend is supposed to get an email. None of this happens.

It does work with "Guest" but not with sharing. Does this mean that even if I have a pro account the Friend must have a Yoics account as well.

Also, How do I get the time lapse clip that is shown in the Yoics home page. Currently I only get a 30sec "You Tube" clip.
mycal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharing with friends only works with another yoics account, guest passes are the only option to share with someone that does not have a Yoics account. Guest passes only work with pro accounts.

"to view content" doesn't support time limits only guest access, this looks like a bug in the website as you should only be allowed to manage the time limits for guest access.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: