Problem with installation of YOICS on my laptop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richpal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Problem with installation of YOICS on my laptop Reply with quote

Hi,
I downloaded V 2.7.101. I clicked on it and ran it. It connects to the internet and a progression bar is seen along with a changing picture of the features of YOICS. When the progression bar gets to the end it closes down and thats it. I check explorer and no program has been installed. Any ideas. I have also tried to install the V 2.6.802 with the same result. My laptop is a MSI U100+ .

PS..I have installed YOICS onto my desktop computer with no problems.

Thanks

Rick
richpal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Disregard...its installed now Reply with quote

disregard as the installation worked. There was an issue with windows xp.
tomzap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to install v2.7.101 on my desktop. After the download completed, the windows installer did not run. I tried a second time with the same result. Then I tried to install v2.6.802. After the download completed, the windows installer ran and installed v2.7.101. This produced a notice of damaging software from my McAFee Virus software which I overrode. Then there was a Yoics dialog box saying that either a repair or removal of Yoics was required. I selected repair. Progress continued slowly so I left and returned 2 hours later to find the same repair/remove dialog box and again I chose repair. I then discovered that another installation had run beneath these dialog boxes and apparently succeeded so cancelled the redundant installation. The v2.7.101 version is what got installed.
mycal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Which version of McAfee? I just installed Yoics on a windows 7 machine that has McAfee with no problems. be interesting to know if some version is causing problems.

I'll look into the 2 installer issue, it should only allow you to run one installer.

-M
tomzap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010.
kai-z

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue installing 2.6.802 or 2.7.101 on windows server 2008 with trend AV installed. the pre-installer runs and appears to download setup files but then doesn't run and nothing is installed. I have also tried it with trend disabled, is there anything else you suggest?
mycal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've PM'ed you guys a different installer to try
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Yoics Support Forums Forum Index -> Desktop (Windows) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: